You Are Reading

0

Zach Lee Makes Jump to Dodgers

Carter "The Power" Bryant Tuesday, August 17, 2010 , , , , ,


LSU freshman quarterback Zach Lee has agreed to sign with the Los Angeles Dodgers after being offered at $5.25 million dollar signing bonus, which will be paid to him over five years.

Of course, Lee had to make the decision right after I decided to upload my video interview with the gunslinger. Maybe it was my stupid decision to make his video the next one posted on the day teenage  baseball prospects have to make a decision by midnight whether or not to sign for a life-changing amount of money.

Lee's life-changing amount of money, in this case, is being paid to a guy who, if he gets to the Major Leagues, will only play once in every five games.

I know baseball is not my strongest sport, but it sometimes doesn't make sense to me.

But I guess I forgot it was "The Year of the Pitcher." Wait, I meant the "The Year of the I'mScaredToJuiceAnymoreBecauseTheyAreFinallyCrackingDown." Or is it "The Year of the Pitcher?" I don't know, but Lee is getting a lot of money because he is 6-4 and throws low 90's.

Nobody should be angry with the Texas native. When I spoke to him a week ago, he seemed like a good kid. He did what he felt was best for him.

Too bad for LSU fans he didn't do what was best for quarterback/pitching depth and the future of LSU Football/Baseball.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Hard Knock Tigers