You Are Reading

0

NFL Divisional Round Playoff Picks

Carter "The Power" Bryant Saturday, January 15, 2011 ,
Polamalu = Best player in the NFL (non-QB)
Photo via latimes.com
This is a college football website that primarily covers LSU Sports. This post has nothing to do with LSU.

I love the NFL. I'm going to give my picks for this weekends divisional playoff games in the NFL because I can.


Last week I picked all the Wild Card/road teams to win their playoff games. It turned out good for me, as I went 3-1 in those games.

Too bad the Saints were the team that lost. I almost picked the Seahawks, but I just couldn't do it.

This week I thought about picking all home teams. But as the week moved on, I started thinking "Maybe home field doesn't mean as much as it once did in the playoffs."

This morning on Mike and Mike, they showed a revealing stat that would surprise many NFL fans.

In the past five years, home teams in the divisional rounds went 10-10. In the 15 years prior, home teams were 49-15. 

With that in mind, here are my picks...

Ravens over Steelers 
Falcons over Packers
Bears over Seahawks
Patriots over Jets

I am actually going against the recent trend. I went with three home teams and the Ravens. I actually think the Steelers are the better team, but an unhealthy Troy Polamalu is never a good thing.


I could do a long and extensive breakdown of these games, but I want to live some form of a social life. 


Enjoy the weekend!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Hard Knock Tigers